A common question asked by cigar smokers is why do we do this? Why do we smoke a cigar instead of smoking a smoking cigarette?
There could be a myriad of reasons that someone could choose to smoke smoking a cigar instead of smoking cigarettes. Perhaps you are just smoking once or twice a week and desire more from your smoking Perhaps you’d like to get something unique to smoke on occasions, maybe you’re not fond of smoking cigarettes, or perhaps you want to experiment with something different.
Whatever the reason you are smoking your first cigar one of the most popular reasons we keep smoking them is that smoking a cigar is an extremely relaxing and relaxing experience, especially when compared to smoking regular cigarettes.
What’s the difference? The reason why people typically prefer smoking cigars?
Here are 5 motives:
- While a typical cigarette just takes a few seconds to light, cigars can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 an hour for smoking, based on the dimensions. This time can be used as time away from an otherwise chaotic or demanding lifestyle, or as an easy excuse to put your feet up in your favorite armchair and enjoy a glass of your favorite…something. Smoking just one cigarette doesn’t allow the kind of relaxation you need.
- Many smokers opt to indulge in their favorite cigar in the rare times of relaxation. There is nothing better than coming home from a hard day at work and savoring even a tiny bit. Similar to a cold beer smoking a cigar is a good option as a guilty pleasure at the end of a long, tiring day.
- Medically speaking, smoking cigars gives the body nicotine as a chemical relaxant. The average cigar is made up of 100-200 mg of nicotine. This is compared to 10 mg in a typical cigarette. This means that you’d require smoking 10 to 20 cigarettes to obtain an equivalent amount of relaxation in one.
- A lot of people who smoke cigars smoke them as a special indulgence on special occasions or to reward personal accomplishments – maybe as an alternative or even in conjunction with champagne or a good scotch. The result is a strong connection with happy times and the enjoyment of smoking cigars. The smoker is then reminded of the wonderful times each time they smoke their preferred cigar.
- Cigars taste good! It’s true, it’s the easy pleasures that offer the most comforts. Smoking a cigar instead of cigarettes solely for the pleasure of the taste is not uncommon, and adds to the pleasure of smoking. Another reason is that cigars are full of subtlety, similar to alcohol, wine, or coffee, and being able to discern these subtle distinctions is a great experience in and of itself.
There are numerous other reasons. This list isn’t comprehensive but it will hopefully provide some insight into the reasons why some people find smoking cigarettes a pleasant experience.
We hope you’ve found this useful!